Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slowing Learning the Language...

I thought it would be fun if I posted the words/phrases that I am learning so that you could learn some too! :D I'm going to try to memorize a couple per week. Let's start with the basics:

Good morning: Dobar dan! or dobro jutro (note that the"j" sounds like a "y")

Good afternoon: Dobar dan! (Note: you're supposed to roll your "r"s.. something that I need to practice)

Good evening: Dobra večer (Note: č sounds like "ch" in chick; also note that the ending change... there are many rules that you need to follow in order to determine the ending vowel but I forget them because I haven't taken basic Croat. in 4 years)


The following I already know:

How are you?: kako ste/si? (Note: the "i" sounds like a "long e" as in see)

Hi: zdravo

Bye: doviđenja (Note: "đ" makes the "dg" sound)

You: ti/vi And: i

No thank you: ne hvalano

Thank you: Hvala

Your Welcome: Molim

New Phrases:

I am Canadian: Ja sam Kanadski

I cannot speak that much Croatian: Ne mogu da govorim da mnogo Hrvatske

Do you know any English? Da li znate bilo engleski jezik?

Can you speak English? Da li govore engleski jezik?

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment