Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travnik & Prepping for Cirus Wk/Wk One of OC Program

Today started with the 5 of us volunteers and our boss Selma travelling to Travnik to register as residents in BiH. While there, we walked around and visited a castle that was behind a cascading waterfall. Then we went to ˝Plava Voda˝ to have lunch. Our table was right beside a running stream and windmill. We ordered cevapi & bread to share and I ordered a salad, which consisted of coleslaw, tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers (not the traditional Cdn salad but it was pretty tasty and healthy).

Travelling there and back was better sweet. The van was stifling hot and there were no windows in the back. With that said, the views were spectacular. We went around mountains on windy roads, and were completely surrounded by the mountains. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some pictures. (I forgot to bring my USB cord for my camera.)


Once back at the Centar, I spoke to Selma and Wilma about our programs. As a group we’ve altered the programs due to the popularity of some activities, such as yoga, sports and baton, and the limited space for the programs.

Next weeks programs will consist of the follow: juggling and games on Monday; art& crafts (mask making) on Tuesday; English and two Yoga classes on Thursday; Sports and two baton classes on Thursday; & English and Sports on Friday.

Although my group and I are travelling to a nearby city this weekend, I want to allocate some of my time towards creating more concrete lesson plans. Perhaps I will do this during our travel periods to the cities.





- Georgie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sabrina!! You've experienced so much and have done so much reflections already!! I didn't have internet access last week so I'm just catching up with all the blogs reading now. I enjoyed reading through yours so much and thank you for sharing your experiences and stories. It felt as though I was there :) Please also post some pictures when you have a chance. And I wish you all the best with the lessons - can't wait to hear all about them!

    ReplyDelete