Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back from a Busy Weekend

The weekend was fairly busy. I went home to pick up the cheque from my Parish, received some donations, gain some more contacts, and discuss a fundraier with my old boss. I still need to raise $1150 (I have received $550 and will be getting another $300 during reading week). After visiting my old job (my home away from home) my boss agreed to hold a fundraiser at his restuarant on the last week of March, which is also the 4th anniversary of his restaurant. Right now we are seeking entertainment. Hopefully by the next week I will be asking local companies for items I can auction off during the event. We are all very excited for the event but it will definitely be time consuming and a lot of work. :D I have also gotten into contact with the two other Intercordia students who are going to BiH. We are all really excited to be going and I'm definitely glad to have the chance to converse with them beofre leaving. Lastly, on Thursday myself and Jen will be giving presentations on our countries, and our class will be discussing a group fundraiser that will likely be on the first Sunday in March. Our last Intercordia seminar, which I'm SO excited for, will also take place during that weekend.

That's it for now,

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment