Thursday, February 12, 2009

First In-Class Presentation

Today I had my first presentation on my country and placement. The slides I just uploaded onto my blog are the ones I used during my presentation. (I briefly described the location, demographics, transit, currency, purchasing tips, food, and placement (Gornji Vakuf- Uskoplje)in Bosnia Herzegovina. Since I had practiced in front of SJ Union members during our bake sale, in the mirror and in front of my house mate while walking to class, I was fairly prepared. However, I did forget to mention certain things, i.e., that I have websites on my blog that other BB students can go to to find out about VISA requirements and recommended vaccinations. As well, my nerves prevented me from answering a couple of the questions to the best of my knowledge. However, all in all it was fairly successful.

Side note: I'm glad that I didn't devour all of my Baka's "Pita" because it was nice to get to share it with my classmates (bring some of my culture into the classroom).

Afterwards, my friend Jen presented on her country: Ukraine. I absolutely love the creativity she has. It definitely gave me some ideas on how I can improve my Power Point before presenting at my fundraiser in March. Thanks Jen :D

1 comment:

  1. hey, finally -- some comments for you! :)

    anyways, i am honoured that you considered my presentation to be creative... thank YOU!

    i didn't feel nearly as prepared as you, so high five on all your research! i was impressed, and wish i did a better job of answering the questions that were asked of me... BUT i think that the more presentations we have to do, the more comfortable/confident we'll become with that sort of situation.

    nice job!

    ReplyDelete