Monday, February 16, 2009

Reading Week

I just spent the day with my family (both on my mother and father's side) and it made me realise how much I'm going to miss them. They are my rock. (It was so much fun visiting my dad's side for the first time in almost a year, rocking it out "Rock Band" styles with my mom's side, and teaching my cousins how to say Happy Birthday, " Sretan Rođendan", so they could say it to my two uncles and Baka (who's b-days are all within the month of February).

With that said, I would like to thank my parents for supporting my Beyond Borders experience, especially my mom who has always been my biggest advocate when it comes to this experience. Financially and emotionally she has supported BB even before the journey began. Thank you. I would also like to thank my grandparents for increasing their support and financial contribution.

Through the next few months (I can't believe there are less than 3 to go) I will be spending as much time as possible with my loved ones. Moreover, hearding about my uncle's side trip to see my extended family in Croatia, and conversing with past and present students going to BiH has made me esctatic yet a bit nervous.

On a different note, if anyone has connections to people in the entertainment industry please let me know.

~ Georgie

3 comments:

  1. i definitely feel the same way... ecstatic yet nervous. some days it's pretty balanced, other days it's one extreme or the other (usually more on the excited end)!

    what kind of entertainment contacts are you looking for... ? curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for entertainment for my fundraiser in March. I have an appointment with one potential act after reading week. I was just wondering if anyone else had connections. I'm looking for a comedian/illusionist.. that type of thing. (Something more origional than a band/DJ which has already been done too much in G.town/Zio's)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually know a guy who is a magician... would that work...? i can send you his contact info if you want

    ReplyDelete