Sunday, April 5, 2009

Until Next Time...

End of the Year Party at Joanne's House - BB 2008-9

It was the perfect ending to an amazing phase in my life/ two terms. There were lots laughs, some tears, embraces, A LOT of photos and sharing of memories. One of my favourite/emotional moments of the night was the web of friendship & will wishes. (I initally learned about this activity at a conference 5 years ago; I still have the string/memory).


Web of Friendship & Well Wishing:


We created a circle. Lisa, our Intercordia "mom", held a ball of yarn. She explained that we had to hold on the end of the yarn and then throw the rest of it to someone in the circle. Before or after throwing it we had to express a wish we had for the person. This wish had to relate to their overseas journey/placement, i.e., I hope that your placement lives up to your expectations and that you come home safely. This continued until everyone had a piece of yarn and we have formed a web. Then one by one we had to say a "well wish" for the entire group, and then cut one piece of the web. This occurred in a clockwise motion until everyone had spoken and we each had part of the web. Our yarn ties us all together. In midst of our saddest, loneliest or dark days we call look upon our wrist to the bracelets we've made, and remember that across the oceans and or the fields there are people that can relate, and that love us for who were really are.

This experience had helped me gain 13 friends. People that love me for ME. They see through the surface and can see deep into my soul. They know my weaknesses and still love me, maybe even more now that they have had the chance to know me in my entirety. I will always cherish these past few months. I will cherish the moments we've had and how we've helped each other heal, grow, and preserver.

Thanks to my BB family. I wish you all the best on your placements. Make sure to use your 5 senses and your instincts. I look forwards to seeing you all at reintegration in August. :D

~Georgie

Warm Fuzzies


1 comment: