Friday, April 10, 2009

My New Adventure Begins in Less than a Month!

With less than a month to go, I have finally received my ticket confirmation from Intercordia! Moreover, we (myself & the 4 other Intercordia students going to BiH this summer) have started receiving e-mails from Mediha- a worker at the Youth Center- which is quite exciting.

It feels so surreal and yet finalized. My mind is full of lists, i.e., packing lists, last minute questions to ask Alumni, things I need to accomplish before departing from Waterloo and Canada. It's crazy to think that in 23 days I will be out of North America and immersed into a different culture. In less than a month I will be beginning my informal ethnographic journey- observing and interacting with people from a different culture for a long duration in order to learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment