Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Future Plans / Passport

A week ago my friend and I were discussing future involvement opportunities within the University. After more than a year on SJ Union, we've decided to embark on new experiences. The only question left was what should we do? Right away I thought of creating a conference. Initially I wanted to create a fun, leadership conference, similar to the ones I participated in during high school, i.e., HOBY, MYAC, OSSA, and GO. However, after conversing with one of my close friends from WL and my BB professor, I have started to refocus creating a conference that will allow students to become aware of ways they can become involved in the local community and on campus. Moreover, with the approval of my BB professor, I am fairly certain this conference will be a component of my final BB project. I know that it will be A LOT of work, but I know it will be worth it. I've wanted to co-create an initiative-based project since grade 11 when I co-founded a volunteer club. This will definitely be an outside the box project and it will be a great way to end BB and my university experience.

Side Note: I JUST received notice that my passport has arrived! :D:D Now I need my tickets! (One of the IC students going to BiH has just received his today.) It feels so surreal that in less than 2 weeks I will be in BiH. Although I'm already half packed (I got excited a week ago), I have a lot more prepping to do.

3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY you got your passport!! Someone was smiling on you! I'm so excited for you and I hope to be able to keep reading your blog.

    Love you, take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear passport stuff panned out for you. That's awesome!! Can I come to your conference? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who the target market will be but as of now I would love you to come :D Stay Tuned!

    ReplyDelete