Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Mail!!!

A few times a week I check my mail box. It reminds me of my first two years in residence. The anticipation of whether I would FINALLY recieve a personal letter, or at least something other than my monthly Rogers bill. Well Friday we my LUCKY day! A smile stretched from one side of my face to the other. Excitement filled me. A letter! From a donor! Who could it be?!
It reminded me of my placement three years ago when I was working up North for coop. One day I found out that a huge package had come in the mail for me. It turns out that my mom finally sent me a care package with socks, warm, new clothes, TONS of chocolate bar that my roommate at the time got my obsessed with, and a letter. It was the most amazing gift I had received in a long time!
Anyways, Friday I received a letter from a dear friend and former priest of mine, Father Kuzma. He sent a very generous, or "small contribution" as he said, of $200.00 to go towards BiH. I was overcome with shock and happiness. It was very generous. Even better, I received a personal letter wishing me luck and expressing his happiness to converse with me after so many years.
It truely made my day and reminded me that the smallest things can make such a difference in someone's life. It also reminded me that I NEED to send my letter and gift to my family friend. She's almost 100 yrs old and LOVES receiving letters. I MUST find out how many stamps are needed in order to send that package and I need to send it tomorrow while I'm in town promoting my event.

A special thanks goes out to Father Kuzma and his parish. Thank you for your contribution and thank you for reminding me about the importance of doing little things like writing hand written letters. :D

God bless,

~Georgie

1 comment:

  1. hurray... that is awesome, and it is so, SO true about the value of little things :)

    ReplyDelete