Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fundraising Update & Information on BB 2008-9 Group Event

During reading week, I visited an old priest and friend in KW. Father Kuzma was very helpful in giving me suggestions on how to personalize my sponsorship letter, and suggested new outlets I can go to for help. It was nice to catch up with him, and I am very grateful for the chance to bounce ideas off of him. In the coming weeks, Father Kuzma's parish and my friend Wei-Ling will be contributing to my journey. Moreover, as mentioned, I have two fundraisers coming up.

Post reading week, I have been extremely busy with assignments, a midterm, extracurricular and weekend events. With that said, I have taken many hours out of my personal time in order to help organize upcoming fundraising events and seek out support from the community. For the first event I have seeked advertising opportunities from out local church, helped brainstorm other advertising techniques, and helped get necessary equipment for the band performing at the breakfast.


The 1st Event (Group Event):

What: Beyond Borders Group Fundraising Event & only pancakes available in SJ this Sunday! (Includes slideshow on BB, breakfast, and the opportunity to converse with the Beyond Borders Class of 08/09 & SJU community

When: Sunday, March 8th from 10:30am-1:30pm

Where: Main SJU cafeteria How Much: Coffee/juice, 2 pancakes, 3 pieces of bacon = $5.00 minimum donation

Why: Allows you, your friends and the rest of the SJU Community to support and encouragement us as we prepare for our various placements. It is also a great way to learn more about the program and individual placements, and eat delicious pancakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment