Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Own Fundraising Event : MARCH 28!!!

With ever day that goes by, I am getting increasingly excited for my second fundraising event. With the help of my old boss, I will be hosting a fundraising event at the restaurant that I call "my second home". It will be in conjunction with his business' fourth anniversary.

The following is information on this event #2:

What: Charity Fundraiser & Anniversary Party (Including LIVE BAND: COPPERFIELDS who will be playing today’s hits & classic oldies)

When: Saturday March 28, 2009 Where: Zio’s Italian Restaurant (10 Mountainview Rd. S., Georgetown)

Cost: Dinner, Entertainment & Donation: $55 Bar Service Only: $20

Why: It will help support my journey to Bosnia Herzegovina where I will have the opportunity to promote peace and conflict resolution, while educating youth from multi-cultural backgrounds. My overseas experience will be very beneficial to my self-growth, and help me become a better educator who can adapt more readily to diverse environments. It will also help motivate me to become a more active citizen within our communities.



The following has been accomplished:
  • One of the regulars at the bar, Ron, has be generous enough to create the posters and tickets
  • Peter H. has made a generously donated of $42.00
  • The current bartender has booked a band for the event: Copperfields
  • I promoted the event within Zio's, and most of my regular bar customers have expressed their support in coming to the event
  • Ruby, a friend I've gained from BB, has generously donated a digital photo frame for the silent auction
  • I've gotten permission to submit an article for Georgetown's local paper promoting my event (The Georgetown Independent & Free Press Newspaper)
  • After an afternoon in the heart of Georgetown I have received A LOT of support from the local community. The following items I currently have for the silent auction/door prizes: CIBC gift bag, beauty products from "The Spa on Main" and "Trendz Hair Studio", books from "The Freckled Lion ", a painting from the owner of "The Wood Heron Studio Gallery", $20.00 off from "North Star Dry Cleaners", and permission to put up promotional event posters in "Creature Comfort" and "RBM". My family friend, Aiden, is also going to donate some Pepsi products for the event.
  • Our local butcher is giving us a certificate to auction & "Curves" has put together something for the auction (I need to pick up both on Sun/Monday when I'm in town)
  • Another regular bar customer, Bob W., has gotten a LCD for me to used for my PPP at the event

My main focus: PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE! I want to have a successful turnout!

Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far. Any monetary and or moral support during these last few months will be greatly appreciated; I have another $1158.00 more to raise. :D Moreover, if anyone is able to donate gifts that can be auctioned off, I will forever be grateful. If you are unable to attend the events, please help me by spreading the word to family and friends.

Thank you ,

~Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment