Monday, March 16, 2009

The Power of A HUG!

Reading a fellow BB classmate's blog, Struggling, made me reflect on the magic of a hug. I am a HUGE advocator for doing "the small stuff". For instance, if gives me great joy to motivate/listen to friends in need, make arts & crafts for people, say "thank you" to bus drivers, etc. Like many, I also love receiving the small things such as words of encouragemnt and pep-talks. I'm ever so grateful to my friends who, without a second though, led me money for a cab home, offer me a ride or a wake up call (*cough JK, Erin, Kate, Jen, and countless others*). Moreover, I believe in the magic of a hug. The other day I was struggling with some personal issues. I was trying to put on a strong, happy face for my friends because I was going out to an event with them, but they knew something was wrong. Long story short, I confided in a dear friend of mine, Wei-, who immediately threw her arms around me and embraced me in a huge huge. That was all I needed. It's like a kid getting a lollipop when at the doctors; it instantly made me feel better and made me value our friendship even more. The moral of the story is that, like my previous blog, I just want to remind everyone to value the small stuff and take a few minutes out of your day to try and do acts of kindness for others. You'd be suprised at how a small thing like holding the door for someone, saying "thank you" or spending a few minutes to ask someone "How are you doing" and REALLY mean it can really help brighten up their day and yours as well.

1 comment:

  1. were you able to get an appointment? all the best with your fundraising on the 28th. things WILL come together. stay strong ok? HUG! =D

    ReplyDelete