Saturday, March 21, 2009

Strength?

Within the past two days, two people have called me strong. This is very ironic to me because I don't feel strong at all. Sure I put on a happy face and try not to wear my heart on my sleeve, but I don't feel like enduring heartache and hardships makes me a strong person. I know that I have grown and have gain self discovery over the past little while, but haven't we all in our own way? I am glad to be able to share my stories, my struggles, and my attempts to overcome my hurdles. But I think that we are all here to become agents to someone or some people. I know that during my darkest moments, I needed the guidance and motivation of others. I feel honored to be able to share my thoughts and experiences with others and to receive such welcoming and positive feedback. However, I don't feel like "strength" can really discribe an emotion person that I am. With that said, I would like to thank Holly, John, Jessica, and Dan. Moreover, I feel like these seminars and the life stories always make me feel closer to the group and are a HUGE asset to the program.

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina,

    Strength doesn't mean not struggling, like you said we all do that, when I think of strength I think of picking oneself up and carrying on despite our troubles and instead of trying to avoid troubles to work to overcome them. Also, I think of remaining strong in your beliefs in convictions even in the face of your struggles. The fact that you said you put on a happy face, shows that you have strength, enough strength to pull through. Just don't forget that breaking down or need guidance from others doesn't make you weak, if anything it makes you stronger as you build networks and connections with others, sometimes we need to draw our strength from others and that is why it is good to surround yourself with friends and others who you trust and you can motivate you to keep going. Youa re strong, so keep your chin up:)

    ReplyDelete